Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My Memory Lane. . .

This was the first version of "I Will Survive" that I heard. Now, don't laugh too hard. Obviously, I've learned that this was not the original version. But, it's the version that made me run for my pen and paper to write down each empowering word. I must have worn that poor VHS tape out.

As I listen to it 22 years later, it's still the best version that I've heard. Allow me to take you on a walk down my memory lane. Here's Gladys Knight's version of "I Will Survive".





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that song. It's perfect to sing, especially after a breakup, or difficult time in our lives.

Marvalus said...

Oh, Gladys is KILLING this song! I love to hear her voice...so good for the soul!

This song should be in every woman's playlist...it is the ultimate empowering theme song!

A Voice From the Battlefield said...

hi there barbara and msmarvalus! Gladys IS amazing. No one can interpret songs the way she can. And her sound? Well, that definitely speaks for itself. Thanks for stopping by :)